Design Tips and Tricks
Let these design tips help you through the pits and the peaks of the creative process.
When selecting a typeface or font for headings, subtitles and body text, use easy to read fonts for simple and effective graphic design. The eye finds it hard to scan multiple typefaces, so stick to a simple collection of fonts. This design uses variants from the Aileron font family, a geometric sans serif typeface that has a simple and modern aesthetic.
- Limit the colour palette.
- Give the piece room to breathe.
- Avoid borders when possible, and keep it spacious when not.
- Use high resolution or vector artwork.
- Consider the colour of the paper.
- Design for the printing process.
- Thing what type of machine will your job be printed on.
- Be versatile.
Advanced Print applies all these design rules when thinking about your logo or design for stationery, brochures etc.